Monday, December 31, 2012

What I've learned in {{2012}}

Hello Lovelies!

It's finally New Years Eve and yours truly is stuck at work.....until 6pm that is :P I will be going to Church with my family and then going out with friends around 10. What will you be doing to bring in the new year?


so it's that time again to reflect on what I've learn in 2012. it's quite simple actually I have learned to take risks, it has also made me realize that I rather have a ton of "what if's" than a million "could of's". This year has been so so not too bad and not too good I had two surgeries this year one was for the cyst removal in my Fallopian tube along with that right tube (yes I can still have kids) and I had my Lap band surgery which was one of my most accomplished you can read about the surgery here! which currently has be down to 36 lbs :D so that is certainly the best kind of thing to happen to me this year other than that I've also learned that life is too short to hold a grudge and to be mad especially if it's someone you love, you never know what can happen in the blink of an eye you might (God forbid) be mad at your parents,siblings, spouse etc and something can happen to them and what will you be left with?....all that hate and regret of not patching things up with. I wasn't talking almost a year ago we had previously bumped heads, he didn't agree or approved of the choices me and my brother were making and my dad has always been a hard headed person.....like always! and well I had decided to stop talking to him just because I could not stand getting let down by him all the time and that's what happened pretended he didn't exist in my life.

(me, our Dad, Carlitos)

Until one day one of my friends dad had an accident and almost died, she almost had that same relationship with her dad as I did with mine only their dilemma was he wasn't supportive of her coming out of the closet so when that happened she and her dad patched things up and they are completely happy he proudly gave her away at her wedding this past April. so with what happened to my friend's dad I started thinking "what if something bad happened to my dad and he was gone...i could never forgive myself for being mad at him for whatever he did to piss me off" he was still my dad no matter what piss poor choices he had made..he was still my dad. so before my surgery in April (it was my first surgery I was fucking scared) he called me to wish me luck and all of a sudden we just patched things up right there and there.  my point with my experience this year is don't be mad get glad! we should just brush it off our shoulders and enjoy all the little things because in the end those are the things that matter in the end.

(Don't forget!)

also I want to share with you all something I found 10 ways to be happy:

1. Accept the things you can't change. If you can and want to change them, do it.
2. Let go of the people who are holding you down. If you considered them, you already know who there people are.
3. Blast your favorite upbeat song and sing at the top of your lungs, dancing as you go.
4. Go for a run. A nice, long run. Run until you feel good; at the very least, you'll be tired enough that the feelings will seem less major.
5. Call someone you love. Just hearing their voice can make your day better.
6. Smile at a stranger. it will make both of you smile.
7. Send a anonymous compliment.
8.Write down everything you don't like about yourself, rip it up and burn it. 
9. Watch your favorite movie.
10. Realize that you are your own biggest critic. People do not see the faults in yourself that you do. So realize that they are not faults, not imperfections. they make you, YOU.

I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year! see you next year! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment